The legacy TI-5000EX units that do not have 64 bit USB drivers means you will need the following RS232 and USB adapter cables and drivers installed to use your legacy tester on an updated Windows 7- 64 bit computer. If you would like to purchase these cables we can provide a quote.
- Connect TI-5000EX to PC with included RS232 cable and USB adapter (if required).
- If using the USB adapter, install drivers from the included link to download from here:
- Start WinTI5000EX by clicking the desktop icon shortcut to (C:\TI5000EX\WinTI5000EX.exe).
- If “Communications Error” occurs at startup, make sure that:
TI-5000EX is powered on.
Enter System Setup menu and choose correct COM port for communication.
- Contact www.mitchell-electronics.com/support with any questions.